19$ to get the date birdie had screwd up o0

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
angrydude

19$ to get the date birdie had screwd up o0

Post by angrydude »

i installed this crap on my laptop some days ago and thought it was a good thing.. went home and installed it on my pc too.. there in the process it managed to delete all the infos from my mobile.. crap.. go back to the laptop try and get my contacts back.. 21days have passed.. shit! now im in the situation where my 400+ contacts are stuck in this stupid device.. my mobile dosnt remember my mome or wife and i would have to pay 19$ for something i really really dont want.. id rather twist the programmers neck and give him a face to floor sync! im fucking angry.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: 19$ to get the date birdie had screwd up o0

Post by Birdy »

Hello angrydude,

I'm sorry you had this problem. You mentioned: "in the process it managed to delete all the infos from my mobile".
Presently I am not aware of a flaw in BirdieSync/ActiveSync that could delete all your data on your mobile device while synchronizing but I will need more information to understand what happened.

Could you tell me more about the circumstances when you synchronized with your home PC ?
Was it the very first time you synchronized with BirdieSync on your home PC ?
Do you have a Windows Mobile 6.x device ?
If yes, did you unselect Outlook categories (contacts, calendar, etc.) when you established the partnership on your home PC ? Did you see a warning mentioning that it will delete your data on the mobile device ?
Was your home PC under XP or Vista ?
If your home PC is under XP, did you choose "Replace" or "Combine" options when you established the new partnership ? (if you choose replace, that would delete all your items on your mobile device)

Could you confirm that at the moment, all your data are on your laptop ?

Before any operation, I suggest you to backup your data as mentioned in this FAQ topic.

I perfectly understand how irritating it should be for you even if I am not sure to approve the next to last sentence of your post... :wink: I will do my best to help you recover your data on your mobile device.
Birdy