Thunderbird Portable

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Sumdumphuc

Thunderbird Portable

Post by Sumdumphuc »

I have tried to do a few searches here on the site but any word I use it says its too common a word choose another..

I tried to install the trail version of BS and got the following msg; "An error occured while cleaning extension cache". I found one thread about changing the path of TB but in my case that is not an option. I would even love for BS to be portable, but I would be happy enough to get this working to be able to sync every so often when I'm near my own P.C.

Is there anyway to get BS to work while I have a portable drive with TB on it, the portable drive path is always P:

Thanks,

[EDIT] Forgot to add some details. I'm running XP and pocket pc 5.0

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Thunderbird Portable

Post by Birdy »

Hello Sumdumphuc,

in BirdieSync installation directory (usually C:\Program Files\BirdieSync), even if the installation was not completed, you should find a program "LogArchiver.exe". Could you execute it and then send the logs to support(at)birdiesync.com ?
Thanks.
Birdy

Sumdumphuc

Post by Sumdumphuc »

That didn't seem to work either.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hm, could you send to support(at)birdiesync.com the logs "Install.log" and "LogArchiver.log":

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<users name>\Application Data\BirdieSync\Log\
Vista: C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\BirdieSync\Log
(Application Data is a hidden folder: in explorer window, you must check the option "Show hidden files and folders")

Thanks.
Birdy

Sumdumphuc

Post by Sumdumphuc »

Done