sync with samsung omnia and a gmail account

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
speedtofly

sync with samsung omnia and a gmail account

Post by speedtofly »

I'm using a Samsung Omnia on which I use a current Gmail account
From my PC with Thunderbird I try to synchronize my Samsung Omnia with Thunderbird. I have first a messagae saying that my Gmail account on my phone is not active so it cannot synchronize. Then my PC says that it can not connect to the phone
But I'm using my acount so it is very active, I'm using it from my phone and my PC.

Any suggestion?

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: sync with samsung omnia and a gmail account

Post by Birdy »

Hello speedtofly,

You must have a mail account on the mobile with the SAME account name as in Thunderbird. This is the name of the mail account and is called "Account display name" in the mail account creation wizard. Note that if this name is incorrect (not strictly identical), you'll very likely have to recreate your mail account since it is not possible to modify it after the creation.

Note that you don't have to put "real" parameters for pop3 settings or user name/password if you don't want to connect to the Internet on your mobile device. So you can set dummy parameters (apart from the mail account name)

Does it help ?
If not, after having closed Thunderbird/Sunbird, disconnected, reconnected your mobile device and waited for the end of the synchronization, could you send your logs with "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." to support(at)birdiesync.com ?
Thanks.
Birdy