BirdieSync delete tasks and backup PPCPimBackup cant help

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Mareka

BirdieSync delete tasks and backup PPCPimBackup cant help

Post by Mareka »

I installed BirdieSync and before first synchronization made backup with PPCPimBackup. After two synchronization I had twice contacts, appointments and tasks too (but only in PDA, not in PC!!!). So I restored it from PPCPimBackup and still I had every tasks twice - I deleted every second task, make synchronization and now I haven't any task! Restore from PPCPimBackup dont working! Any resolution?

When I uninstalled BirdieSync from PDA, restore is OK

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: BirdieSync delete tasks and backup PPCPimBackup cant help

Post by Birdy »

Hello Mareka,

Before the first synchronization, had you contacts, appointments and tasks also present in Thunderbird ?
Are you under XP or Vista ?
If you are under XP, did you choose "Replace" or "Combine" mode when you established the ActiveSync partnership ?

Could you tell me if you were synchronizing with several address books or calendars in Thunderbird ? Could you confirm that each card/event/task was not present in another address book or calendar ?

Which synchronization mode did you choose for your address books and calendar in BirdieSync options ? "Both ways" or "From PC to mobile device" ?

Did you have unresolved items after the first synchronization ?

It is weird that you still had every tasks twice after the first restore. In PPCPimBackup, did you choose to replace all the tasks by the backup ones ?

You mentioned that after uninstalling BirdieSync, the restore was OK. Do you mean that now you have all your tasks without duplicates ?

Thanks.
Birdy

Mareka

Post by Mareka »

Before the first synchronization, had you contacts, appointments and tasks also present in Thunderbird ?
I made a new personal calendar in Thunderbird and it was complete empty

Are you under XP or Vista ?
I have Vista 32. And Thunderbird in portable version.

Could you tell me if you were synchronizing with several address books or calendars in Thunderbird ? Could you confirm that each card/event/task was not present in another address book or calendar ?
I am using in Thunderbird three calendars in Lightning – two business and one personal. With PDA synchronize only personal calendar – all calendar and tasks were empty, only in contacts was a few names.

Which synchronization mode did you choose for your address books and calendar in BirdieSync options ? "Both ways" or "From PC to mobile device" ?
First I choice “Both” and when it made every notice twice, I tested "From PC to mobile device" (because in PC won't any problem – all tasks, contacts and appointments was only once) if is possible replace all notices in PDA but not success.

Did you have unresolved items after the first synchronization ?
After first synchronization all was OK.

It is weird that you still had every tasks twice after the first restore. In PPCPimBackup, did you choose to replace all the tasks by the backup ones ?
It is the biggest mystery – I choice “replace all” via PPCPimBackup but first all notes was twice and when I manually deleted double notes, after synchronization it deleted all notes.

You mentioned that after uninstalling BirdieSync, the restore was OK. Do you mean that now you have all your tasks without duplicates ?
Yes after uninstalling BirdieSync from PDA and restore via PPCPimBackup all tasks are OK.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

A new version of BirdieSync was released (1.7.1.2). It fixes a problem that could lead to duplicated items on the mobile device: if the option "Link calendar name to item category" was selected and an item was moved from a synchronized calendar to another one, the item could be duplicated on the mobile device and not on the desktop. It is not exactly the problem you described to me since your items should have remain in the same calendar, but maybe there is a link between these two problems. So I would suggest you to install BirdieSync 1.7.1.2 and see if the same problem happens again. And of course, ensure to have a backup before trying this.
Birdy