Thunderbird does not start after installing birdiesync. Help

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
boeserborg

Thunderbird does not start after installing birdiesync. Help

Post by boeserborg »

Dear All,

I have a problem when installing birdiesync. I use thunderbird 2.0 and the latest birdiesync version and I am using Windows Vista. I installed birdiesync. Then I opened the windows mobile device-center and created a new connection. I checked the correct "thunderbird-options", and unchecked the "outlook-options", as suggested at the end of the installation wizard. So the last step was to open thunderbird and use the birdiesync configuration wizard. But at this point it does not work anymore. When I open thunderbird the thunderbird-window opens and I also see the first page of the configuration wizard. But I cannot turn to the next page of the wizard and I cannot use thunderbird. When I try to do so, thunderbird goes to "not responding".

Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be and can suggest a solution?

thanks!

PS: I tried the search but was unsuccessful. But since I am not a native speaker and I usually don't use computers in english language I might have looked for the wrong key words. So If this topic already exists: sorry!

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Thunderbird does not start after installing birdiesync. Help

Post by Birdy »

Hello boeserborg,

Did you also have a crash of Thunderbird or did it only remained unresponsive ?
After Thunderbird becomes unresponsive, could you send the logs to support(at)birdiesync.com built with "Windows start menu/All programs/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." ?
If you start Thunderbird in safe mode (manually launch "thunderbird.exe -safe-mode" in a command window) and then disable all add-ons except for BirdieSync, do you have the same problem ? Could you also check which version of BirdieSync is displayed in the add-on list ?
If you only disable BirdieSync, do you have the same problem ?
Thanks.
Birdy