Card sync problem(?)

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
denschu

Card sync problem(?)

Post by denschu »

I'm running Windows Vista 64-bit and the latest versions of BirdieSync, Thunderbird and Lightning. I'm synching with an HP PDA (iPAQ 111) running Windows Mobile 6. The sync of files seems to be working fine except for the sync of my Thunderbird address book (i.e., Cards). I've got the sync configured to be done "both ways", but it seems the sync is always be done with PC being the master. As an example, I've made an update to a common entry in the address book on the PC and on the PDA. After the sync, the copy on both machines is the version from the PC. I would have thought that if I made the change first on the PDA, then on the PC, that based on the time stamp, the change on the PDA would be used in a "both ways" sync. Is there a known issue with this? Can you clarify for me the specifics of a "both ways" sync.

Thanks

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Card sync problem(?)

Post by Birdy »

Hello denschu,

You are correct. If you selected "Both ways" for synchronization, every modification of a contact on the mobile device should be transfered to the desktop.
Could you please disconnect your mobile device, modify a contact on the mobile device, reconnect it and after the end of the synchronization, could you send your logs with the Thunderbird/Sunbird menu "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." to support(at)birdiesync.com ?
Thanks.
Birdy