1.4.0.1: No configuration possible

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Dominik

1.4.0.1: No configuration possible

Post by Dominik »

As I had problems configuring Thunderbird with Birdiesync 1.3.0.2 (working without Admin-rights), I installed 1.4.0.1 today. But with this release I can't configure Thunderbird. When I try this, I can't select any calendar or other item, even browsing to the Thunderbird directory isn't possible. No reaction at all.

I returned to 1.3.0.2 and "opend" one Registry-key to the restricted user and now ist works.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

If you use a restricted user account, you had to install BirdieSync under an administrator account. Then you must launch Thunderbird under the restricted user account and a wizard should launch to help you configure BirdieSync. Was it the case ?

It is only possible to configure the calendar if the Thunderbird profile was well defined. Maybe it is a consequence of a problem with the configuration of the profile.
Are you saying that the "Select" button to select Thunderbird directory was not working ? Was it greyed out or not ?
Maybe an error occurred during the startup of the user interface. I would have been interested in getting ThunderbirdService.log or a snapshot of the JavaScript console to know more about it...
Birdy

Dominik

Post by Dominik »

Birdy wrote:If you use a restricted user account, you had to install BirdieSync under an administrator account. Then you must launch Thunderbird under the restricted user account and a wizard should launch to help you configure BirdieSync. Was it the case ?
Yes, I did it excactly as you wrote.
Birdy wrote:It is only possible to configure the calendar if the Thunderbird profile was well defined. Maybe it is a consequence of a problem with the configuration of the profile.
Are you saying that the "Select" button to select Thunderbird directory was not working ? Was it greyed out or not ?
Nothing was greyed out and I could press the "Browse" Button without any reaction. When I pressed the "Use current Thunderbird" button, nothing happend too. But I can see this only under 1.4.0.1, under 1.3.0.2 everything workes fine afther I opend an Registry-Key to be written by the restricted user.
Birdy wrote:Maybe an error occurred during the startup of the user interface. I would have been interested in getting ThunderbirdService.log or a snapshot of the JavaScript console to know more about it...
Could be, but for this I have to reinstall the 1.4.0.1, or is it OK with 1.3.0.2?

Hier the statments:
UTC 07/01/2007 14:17:59::0625 ERROR: An error occured in OnGetResult: 0x80004005 (GetLastError = 0)
UTC 07/01/2007 14:17:59::0703 ERROR: An error occured returned in OnComplete: ID doesn't exist for getItem (GetLastError = 0)

and

UTC 07/01/2007 15:39:48::0591 WARNING: Maybe the classical version of the application is not installed. Impossible to load profile file: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Dominik\Anwendungsdaten\Mozilla\Sunbird\\profiles.ini (GetLastError = 3)

Thunderbird: version 1.5.0.9
Lightning extension: version 0.3

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

The logs and the JavaScript console would only be relevant with 1.4.0.1
But if you prefer to stick with 1.3.0.2 I would understand...

I made some tests again with a restricted user account, but I don't succeed in reproducing the problem.
Birdy

Dominik

Post by Dominik »

Birdy wrote:The logs and the JavaScript console would only be relevant with 1.4.0.1
But if you prefer to stick with 1.3.0.2 I would understand...

I made some tests again with a restricted user account, but I don't succeed in reproducing the problem.
I will try 1.4.0.1 next weekend again and then I'll send some log-files to you.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Many thanks.
You can send log files, preference file and Javascript console snapshot (maybe this one will be important) to support mail address.
Birdy

Dominik

Post by Dominik »

Today I tried 1.4.0.2 and installed it as Admin (not by "Running as", for with this the installation routine could not detect my PDA). Then I switched back to restricted user Session and everything worked.

I think, installing using "running as" Admin won't go for now.

But for me, everything works fine now - Thanks and registration fee payed!