BirdieSync and Portable Thunderbird on a TrueCrypt Volume

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
goetzibubu

Re: BirdieSync and Portable Thunderbird on a TrueCrypt Volume

Post by goetzibubu »

Well, maybe I have to correct:
Accidentily I found Thunderbird.exe in a subdirectory (R:\ThunderbirdPortable\App\Thunderbird\). Now I entered on the tab 'directory' as for profile under Thunderbird portable. But for me it seems to be necessary to keep installed the local Thunderbird in the background! Before I uninstalled but didn't get it work...

Hope that helps!

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

BirdieSync 1.7.1.2 has just been released. It is no longer necessary to have the classical version of Thunderbird/Sunbird installed on your system. You can now use a portable version of Thunderbird/Sunbird alone.
Birdy

goetzibubu

Post by goetzibubu »

Birdy wrote:BirdieSync 1.7.1.2 has just been released. It is no longer necessary to have the classical version of Thunderbird/Sunbird installed on your system. You can now use a portable version of Thunderbird/Sunbird alone.
that's fine. :lol: But meanwhile I found out I have to have the classical version for other add-ons as lightning or whatever to work in right way... :?