Cannot "OK" BirdieSync options window

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Matt

Cannot "OK" BirdieSync options window

Post by Matt »

OK, this is a weird problem I am having. I demoed birdiesync, using up my 21 days, and then I registered, and at the same time, I upgraded to the latest version that is now out. The old version worked perfectly, no problems at all. Unfortunately, I don't remember what version I upgraded from.

However, now in the BirdieSync options window in Thunderbird, I cannot click the "OK" button. The button "clicks", meaning when I click it with the mouse, it acts like it's being clicked, but nothing happens. Cancel works fine, closes the window like it should. Naturally, closing the window also works. The weird thing is, the mail folders that I select for synchronizing get saved, but the ActiveSync options and the notification options will not save. It's only really annoying while playing a game, having the little pop up window showing up every few minutes. But that's easily fixed temporarily, just taking the PocketPC out of the cradle!

I'm running version 1.5.0.10 of Thunderbird, and the latest version of BirdieSync. I tried the uninstall/reinstall routine already, and I'm not sure if this is a bug on my end, or in the software itself.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for reading!

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Very likely, there is a problem in saving Thunderbird options.

Right after you pressed the OK button without success, could you send to "support at birdiesync.com" the file ThunderbirdService.log located in C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\BirdieSync\Log\
(if you are running under XP) ?

I would also need a snapshot of the javascript console window (menu Tools/Javascript console): enlarge it at maximum, go to the bottom of it and take a snapshot (alt-print screen to copy the selected window).

Thanks.
Birdy

Matt

Screenshots sent

Post by Matt »

Thanks for your quick response! As requested, I have sent screen shots and the log in, after attempting to click the OK button.

SittigSuperstar

Post by SittigSuperstar »

hi!

same prob here!

"ok" button is grey...
i can't affirm my selected options, so i'm not able to sync my pda because he doesn't know which profile he should sync...

grüße,
Sebastian

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello SittigSuperstar,

Could you do the same thing as Matt ? It would allow me to check that it is the same problem.
Thanks.
Birdy

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Matt's problem was fixed and tested. The fix will be included in next version.

SittigSuperstar's problem was a different one: the OK button was grayed out because the mail maximum body size was set to 0 (there was a red text at the bottom of the option window mentioning that it should be put to a positive value).
Birdy

totobzh

Ok on Options de BirdiesWync not activated

Post by totobzh »

Hi,
I tried to upgrade from 1.4.0.3 to 1.5.1.2
When I did it, The installation get well.
But when trying to synchronise, it appears to be not possible to do it as preference were not set to a right parameter and the "OK" button not activated (in grey) with the message in red "la taille maximale du corps du message doit être positive".
NB1: With the new version I had no "Assistant de configuration BirdiesSync", while I have got it at any installtion or reinstallation of version 1.4.0.3.
NB2: LOGS and screenshots sent to support @birdies.

Things went back okay when moving back to 1.4.0.3 version

It seems to be the same problem as SDF (voir other post) and SittigSuperstar

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

This message in red means that you must set the mail maximum body size to 25 (for instance) in BirdieSync options/Mail/Miscellaneous. Also, set mail "synchronization period" to "Unlimited". Version 1.4.0.3 allowed incorrect values but this was modified in 1.5.x. That's why there are these new messages in red (which obviously are not very clear since a lot of users seem to not understand what to do after having read them). :)
Birdy