Large messages and attachments

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Juggler

Large messages and attachments

Post by Juggler »

Hi there, I've read the warnings regarding changing the size of messages and attachments to be sync'd so I know that its not a good idea to set them too high. But...

I am currently running with message size at 256Kb and attachment at 1024Kb, syncing 1 year back on a few folders.

I find that if I add more folders with large messages or attachments in, or I set the time to unlimited or I up the size settings to include larger messages I get crashes in replog.exe on the Pocket PC.

I store the messages and the attachments on a card, so storage memory is not an issue.

Is this a problem you are aware of, or something you would like the logs for?

I have found the only way to make BirdieSync connect and sync after this is to do a soft reset, uncheck all the folders to be sync'd in Thunderbird and connect the pocket pc and allow a sync, then to open the message store folder on the pocket pc (default windows\messaging on mine) and delete all the message files and all the attachment files before selecting the folders to sync again in Thunderbird. This works well but is a pain.. :)

Let me know if you want the logs and the next time I'm feeling adventurous I'll make it crash again... :)

Still loving having mail and calenders on my pocket pc again! ;)

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

I am aware of the problem. :) Even if I know that this answer will not help you. :wink: Actually, some time will be needed to find a solution to this problem: it is not an easy one... So for the moment, you'll have to be reasonable with the maximum size you authorize.
Birdy

Juggler

Post by Juggler »

OK thats cool, if you know about it I'll wait.

I thought that procedure for cleaning up after a crash might be useful to others too as it guarantees a clean start when syncing again.