mails not synchronizing

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
menseyes

mails not synchronizing

Post by menseyes »

Hi, all

I've tried to use the demo version of BirdieSync with both Thunderbird 1.5 and 2.0 and with both of them I have the same problem:

I'm using 6 accounts with thunderbird. Each account has it's own folders structure. Plus the local folder.

In tools / BirdieSync Options (Mail Tab) I only have the option to check the outgoing emails (referring to the local folder) But that's useless for me... I need to Sync all the accounts and the folders sctructure...

What I'm I doing wrong.

Is that possible with BirdieSync?

Thanks in advance

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

Presently, mail synchronization is only available for folders under "Local folders". It is not yet possible to synchronize folders located in other mail accounts in independent trees. This feature will be provided in a next version.
Birdy

sc123

Post by sc123 »

I'm having a similar problem, although in my case I only have a single "Local Folders" with a single "Inbox" under it. I do have multiple E-Mail account associated with the Inbox. I have checked the Inbox for sync in the BirdieSync options in Thunderbird (2.0.0.0), but nothing ever happens. Manually syncing results in nothing being transferred to my Windows Mobile 5 phone.

Also, I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate and in the Mobile Device Center it never remembers that I set Cards, Events, Mails, etc to be checked.

I'm not receiving any errors and both ends say the sync completed successfully.

Using BS 1.5.4.3.

What's the deal?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

The management of errors by the WMDC under Vista has still some glitches, although a lot of progresses were made with the WMDC 6.1.

Could you tell me which mobile you have ? Is it a Pocket PC or a Smartphone ?
Did you see warnings regarding the mobile security policy when you installed BirdieSync ?
Do you have a file "BirdieSyncInstall.log" located in C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Temp ?
Thanks.
Birdy

sc123

Post by sc123 »

-I already have 6.1 installed.
-Samsung Blackjack Smartphone
-I got a message about privelages or something (sorry, can't remember exactly)
-Here is the log data:

Local 13/06/2007 15:17:50::0935 ERROR: Time out while initializing RAPI (GetLastError = 0)
Local 13/06/2007 15:18:39::0480 Unsigned CABS policy = 16
Local 13/06/2007 15:18:39::0675 Unsigned application policy = 1
Local 13/06/2007 15:18:39::0725 Unsigned prompt policy = 0
Local 13/06/2007 15:18:39::0845 Privileged application policy = 0

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Your smartphone is application locked. You may check out the following thread:
http://birdiesync.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=61
And
http://www.i607.org/wiki/doku.php?id=application_unlock
Birdy

sc123

Post by sc123 »

Now my smartphone is unlocked and the sync runs (it is actually doing something), but I can't find any mail on my phone. I have never setup any outlook or anything on the phone, but when I try to open Outlook nothing happens. Suggestions?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Are your mails on the phone located under mobile mail accounts that you created ? (different from ActiveSync/E-mail outlook)
Birdy

sc123

Post by sc123 »

When I try to open Outlook (on the phone) it prompts me for a server address. I have been using a POP3 account I setup on my Blackjack to receive mail and that works, but not very efficiently.

sc123

Post by sc123 »

Good news! I created a fake Exchange profile in Outlook on my phone and this allowed Birdie to sync the Thunderbird data.

Now I need to know how to tell it to save the E-Mail data on my phone to my storage card, rather than my on-board memory. Suggestions?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

You mean, you would like BirdieSync to store the attached files on the storage card ? I know there is an option for mails to do it automatically but I don't know if it is only for mails directly received on the mobile or also for synchronized mails.
Birdy

Foz

Post by Foz »

sc123 wrote:Good news! I created a fake Exchange profile in Outlook on my phone and this allowed Birdie to sync the Thunderbird data.

Now I need to know how to tell it to save the E-Mail data on my phone to my storage card, rather than my on-board memory. Suggestions?
Just as a quick heads-up, this does not really solve the problem. Doing this causes Active Sync to create the same fake server within Active Sync on the PC. This means that every synchronization is painstakingly slow as it makes repeated attempts to connect to a server that doesn't exist. This continues until it times out. This also spits out an error on the device which then has to be answered. Then synchronization begins.

Further, though this mail now sits on your mobile it is in the wrong account, and on a fake server which means you can't reply to them or forward them. You can only read them.

Last and perhaps most important, this only works for me if I physically drag the emails from my account to the "Local Folders". This means I'm manually synchronizing the email.

I am currently using a trial of BirdieSync version 1.5.7. If I were able to sync the multiple accounts without workarounds, or intervention, and maintain the functionality of those emails within those accounts (i.e. forward, and reply from the correct accounts) I would not only purchase this great product, I would pay double for it.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

The management of multi mail accounts should be available in next major release of BirdieSync. It's in the pipe...

Regarding the ActiveSync exchange workaounrd, could you give the exact message that appear on the screen (all the different fields of the window, or a snapshot of it) when you don't use the workaround ?
Birdy

Foz

Post by Foz »

Birdy wrote:The management of multi mail accounts should be available in next major release of BirdieSync. It's in the pipe...

Regarding the ActiveSync exchange workaounrd, could you give the exact message that appear on the screen (all the different fields of the window, or a snapshot of it) when you don't use the workaround ?
Here's the text of the Active Sync Error:
"The server could not be reached. This can be caused by temporary network conditions. Support Code: 85002003"

I can't get a snapshot of the error on the phone however here is the text of the error:
"The server could not be reached. Please verify the server name.
Support Code:0x80072EE7"

I didn't even use a qualified domain name. It accepts anything when setting up the server. This is with Active Sync 4.5, Thunderbird 2.0.0.6, with Lightning extension 0.5, and Windows Mobile 5 on the T-Mobile Dash.

Please PM me when this feature is added. Thank you.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

BirdieSync 1.6.0.0 is released. :D
It offers synchronization of mail accounts with their own folder tree (independent from "Local Folders").
Birdy