Catagories in yet?

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
StraightShooter

Catagories in yet?

Post by StraightShooter »

Probably the only reason I am still using Outlook and not flipped over to the Mozilla side is the fact that I can label a contact under one or more categories. Has that been implemented in BirdieSync yet?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

With Thunderbird, it is possible to set a single category for a card. You have to use the extension MoreColsForAddressBook to access to this hidden field (and to anniversary, birthday and spouse field). BirdieSync synchronizes all these fields. But note that you should only set one unique category for each contact under Pocket Outlook. Please refer to BirdieSync help file for more information.
Birdy

jtek

Post by jtek »

Birdy wrote:With Thunderbird, it is possible to set a single category for a card. You have to use the extension MoreColsForAddressBook to access to this hidden field (and to anniversary, birthday and spouse field). BirdieSync synchronizes all these fields.
Thank you for mentioning this information in your reply. After installing Thunderbird and BirdieSync, I reviewed the BirdieSync help files and noticed that category support was there. Alas, every time I did a sync, all of my categories on my PocketPC were reset. I will install this extension and resolve this problem - thank you again.

Suggestion - perhaps this information should be included in the BirdieSync help files as it would save the end users a lot of confusion. This is only a suggestion, but I feel it would be very helpful.

Thank you for creating a wonderful product. Although I used to use multiple categories, I found myself reverting back to a single category - personal preference. Hence, the current configuration works just fine for me. ;)

StraightShooter

Multiple Catagories?

Will Birdie EVER be able to handle Multiple Catagories? That is the ONLY Thing holding me back and believe me, I REALLY despise having to use Outlook..

Jim

StraightShooter

I guess silence is the answer...

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I understand your need. I think that BirdieSync should be able to synchronize several categories for the contacts. All the categories should be entered in the card "category" field and be separated with a comma for instance. But I cannot give a precise schedule though.
Birdy

BernardL

Post by BernardL »

Hi,

I would like to know if these multiplue categories stuff will be fixed in the near futur. I just tried Birdiesync, and that really the only problem. i don't want to lose all the categories i got my Phone.

Please help

Bernard

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

BirdieSync now synchronizes multiple categories for contacts in 1.6.1.0. In Thunderbird they must be separated with commas. Note that "link category to address book name" option must also be unchecked.
Birdy