Bug with spell checker Extension in Thunderbird

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
xbalsegur

Bug with spell checker Extension in Thunderbird

Post by xbalsegur »

Bonjour

There is a bug in Thunderbird between BirdieSync extension and spellechecker extension.

I Have thunderbird install on a Linux Server (Mandriva). I use it from differents computer (linux and windows) and sometimes from the main server.

For BirdieSync I must use it from a windows O/S computer (it is a shame but OK) but when I install birdyesync the spellchecker extension does not work anymore from the server and/or any other computer.
The only way I found to work around is to remove the file "extension.rdf" in the thunderbird directory on the server and put it back when I want to synchro again (or re-install birdiesync) ... not very handy !

Is there a way to work around this bug definitively ?
Xavier BALSEGUR
http://expertcompta.net/

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

Could you tell me which version of Thunderbird you use ?
I thought that the spellchecker was integrated to Thunderbird and didn't need to be installed as an additional extension. Do you install it as a separate extension ?
Birdy

loveisintheair

Re: Bug with spell checker Extension in Thunderbird

Post by loveisintheair »

Hello, I have Windows Vista and Ubuntu available on the same machine witha double boot option. I have thunderbird installed under both system and I share the same data for thunderbird: I have registered my thunderbird data in a disk partition that is accessed by both thunderbird installation under linux and Windows. This works fine except for the extensions (addons).
So I face the same issue than xbalsegur : when I install Birdiesync, it works with Vista normally, but it blocks the extensions (the addons) (I use several ones like quickfolder, spelling extensions, quicktext, etc) under linux (Ubuntu). Is there a solution?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

I am not sure it is the same problem. You mean that all your other add-ons are disabled after BirdieSync is installed ?
Could you send a snapshot of the error console to support(at)birdiesync.com ?
Open your error console in Thunderbird, enlarge it at maximum, take a snapshot of it and send it to me. (Menu Tools/Error console, and "Alt-Print screen" to copy the window after having selected it. You must then paste it in your mail, or in a Word, Paint or GIMP document for instance).
Thanks.
Birdy

loveisintheair

Post by loveisintheair »

The Error Console is completely empty...