Problem intalling on Vista 64bit

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
tomgb

Problem intalling on Vista 64bit

Post by tomgb »

I tried to insztall birdysync on Vista Ultimate 64bit. The Mobile Device Manager 6.1 is installed and working.
Halfway during the intallation the installation ends with the message "Impossible to restart Windows Mobile Device Center"
No Idea what I can do.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

You may try to reconnect your mobile, wait for the end of the synchronization then relaunch BirdieSync installer.

If it fails:
- Disconnect your mobile
- Kill "wmdc.exe" and "wmdhost.exe" processes
- Relaunch the "Windows Mobile Device Center" by double clicking on the icon in the Control Pannel (this step is important)
- Reconnect your mobile.
- Wait for the end of the synchronization
- Launch BirdieSync installer.
Birdy

Homer

64-bit Vista Ultimate

Post by Homer »

I would like to test Birdysync, but I have the same problem with the installation (ver 1.6.1.1)

schmidt32

This seems to be a 1.6 problem

Post by schmidt32 »

I have reported a similar problem some weeks ago here:
http://www.birdiesync.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=438
I haven't got any solution until now! So I assume that there seems to be a major problem with Vista and the WMDC and the 1.6.x versions of BirdieSync.
Although the problem doesn't exist in the 1.5.7.2 (which works fine for me), the author wasn't able to solve this problem within 4 weeks. You should keep that in mind before you pay the 20 bucks for this software (as I did).

Best regards

Schmidt32

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

The stopping and the restarting of the WMDC was modified to be more efficient in next release. But it still remains some problems to be addressed when installing BirdieSync on Vista in a standard user account. Anyway, I will send you a test version.
Birdy

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

After testing with schmidt32, it seems that the new version allowed to stop and restart the WMDC under a standard user account on Vista. The fix was included in version 1.6.2.0.
Birdy