Can't install 1.6.0.1

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Dan LXIX

Can't install 1.6.0.1

Post by Dan LXIX »

When I tried to install 1.6.0.1, I got an error in my mobile saying there was an error running BirdieSync and to restart my mobile. however, the same error pops up on restart.

I've had to re-install 1.5.7.2 to get it working again.

Help please?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

After the error, could you copy and send to support(at)birdiesync.com BirdieWatcher.log and DeviceProvider.log located on the mobile in \Program Files\BirdieSync ?

In case you have problem in copying them on the device because of a sharing violation:

On your device. Launch the file explorer. Go to \Program Files\BirdieSync. Copy and paste DeviceProvider.log on the device (not on the desktop) in the same directory . For instance, that should duplicate the file DeviceProvider.log to another file named "Copy of DeviceProvidere.log". This copy will not be locked and you should be able to copy it to the desktop.
Birdy

zueri

Post by zueri »

I have exactly the same problem on my Mobile5 Pocket PC. I mailed you my logfiles.

Thanks for your help.

Juggler

I had this problem

Post by Juggler »

It seemed to be a problem with BirdieSync not finding the preferences.xml file on the pda, which after a sync (without any birdiesync items selected for the sync, was created..

Once that was done, it seemed to work fine without the error..

Don't know if that will help you or not...

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

The problem is corrected in version 1.6.0.2.
Birdy