Please Help ME

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Milo1986

Please Help ME

Post by Milo1986 »

Hello,

After the install of birdiesync on my HTC S310, i've an error : "An error occurred while starting BirdieSync. To Avoid later synchronization errors, please restart your mobile."
When I restart my mobile I have the same error...

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

Could you send to "support(at)birdiesync.com" the file BirdieWatcher.log located in \Program Files\BirdieSync on the mobile ?
Thanks.
Birdy

Milo1986

Post by Milo1986 »

Ok no problem

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

The error described in the log seems to indicate that your smartphone is "application locked". Did you see a warning during installation regarding security policy ?

You could have a look to this thread which explains on how to unlock a mobile: http://birdiesync.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=61
You may try to find a signed registry editor maybe like "regeditSTG".
Note that if you modify the registry, use the values described in BirdieSync thread, not the ones that you could find on the web (which are not always the good ones).
If you have problems doing it, feel free to contact me again.

You could also send me the log file BirdieSyncInstall.log located in C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Temp so I can check if your mobile is locked.
Birdy

Sandemann

Same Error when starting Sync the first Time

Post by Sandemann »

Hallo,

I have the same Error when starting Sync with Birdiesync the first time. Sync with Outlook will work.

Systems:
- Notebook: with Win Xp Prof, all updates/SPs till 28.02.2008, ActiveSync 4.5.0 (Build 5096)
- VPA III PocketPC-Phone/ARM 400MHz. I tried birdiesync-installation in Mainmemory and on Storage Card. In both cases anought space. No difference. Same problem.
- I tried the topic http://birdiesync.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=61 / How to unlock a mobile. To entries missing. But allthough, no effect through changing the registry.

Do you need any other informations? Please ask!

I'm still in the 30 day test-phase. Birdiesync seems to be the solution for me, but if I can't get it work, I will try to find another solution. I hope you can help, because all the other solutions I found are not so easy to use and don't work with outlook the same as with thunderbird.

Thank you for you help
Best regards
Sandemann ;-)

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Please Help ME

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

I will need some log files to investigate your problem.
Could you send me them as described in this thread ?
Thanks.
Birdy