Active Sync wants to delete all my data...

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
phunni

Active Sync wants to delete all my data...

Post by phunni »

I'm trying to set up birdiesync for the first time and, as expected, active sync reports some problems because I was already syncing with outlook.

No problem I thought - I just need to switch those off and it'll all be fine - except that when I go to switch off contact or calendar syncing with outlook - it tells me that it'll have to delete all the relevant data from my PDA!

I want all my existing contacts and appointments sync'ed - so I don't want to allow active sync to delete them...

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

Before doing any operation, I recommend you to backup your data on your mobile with a tool like Ppcpimbackup.

If you delete your ActiveSync partnership, I think that you will be able to select "cards" synchronization without deleting your contacts on the mobile. Note that you should then choose "Combine" option during the new partnership establishment if you want your mobile items to be transfered to Thunderbird.

You can also wait for next release of BirdieSync that will have an option to allow you to have both Outlook and Thunderbird/Sunbird categories of items selected simultaneously even if sometimes it could lead to "unresolved items".
Birdy

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

BirdieSync 1.6.2.0 is released and offers you the possibility to disable the checking of simultaneous synchronization with Outlook on the same machine. Check out BirdieSync options, "Miscellaneous" panel.
Birdy