Cannot confirm tasks

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
joc

Cannot confirm tasks

Post by joc »

Hi,

I have installed BirdieSync successfully and set it up to sync my cards and tasks.

Card synchronization works fine, but ActiveSync always gives a confirmation message for my tasks. After hitting "confirm" the sync process starts all over again and I still receive the same message to confirm my tasks elements.

I'm using a DELL AXIM x51v with Windows Mobile 5.0 and Windows XP, Lightning 0.5, and ActiveSync 4.5 on my desktop. I have tried to reset my mobile device and also restart windows but ActiveSync still shows the same behaviour.

Any help is appreciated!

TIA
Joc

P.S.: Thanks for a great tool!!!

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

Could you give me the exact message asking for confirmation ?
Birdy

joc

Post by joc »

Hello Birdie,

thank you for your quick repsonse.

The message that I receive seems to be the standard message from ActiveSync to confirm elements after a synchronization. It appears in the lower window of ActiveSync right to the object (in this case "Tasks") and reads "486 nicht bestätigte Elemente" in German which should be "486 not confirmed elements" in English. If I right click on the message I receive the option "Element bestätigen ..." (="Confirm elements"). When I select this option the sync process starts all over again.

The same option appears in the top window right to the name of my laptop.

Thank you again for your help
Joc

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I will need some log files to investigate your problem.
Could you send me them as described in this thread ?
Birdy

joc

Post by joc »

Hi Birdie,

I have just sent you the requested log files.

TIA
Joc

tulong

Post by tulong »

Hi, I've got the same problem. Did you any how solved it or find the source of the problem?

With regards,

Long

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

The problem was solved with joc but it was an issue specific to him.

As previously, could you send me the logs as described in this thread ?
Thanks.
Birdy

Zathrass

Re: Cannot confirm tasks

Post by Zathrass »

Hi Birdy,

I've got the same problem. I've sent you the Logs as you requested from the other posters.

I hope you can help me too.

Zathrass

wolle

Post by wolle »

Hi there,

I have the same problem with the tasks or cards that cannot be confirmed. At least 3 members wrote in this forum about that problem. Is it really a specific problem?

@birdy: Should I send the log files too? Did they help you to solve the problems of the other members? Or can I do anything for myself to solve them?

Thx a lot!

Wolle

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Wolle,

No it is not a specific problem. Different reasons can explain why you have unresolved items. Please, send the logs to support(at)birdiesync.com.
Thanks.
Birdy