BirdieSync deleted MSN messenger contacts

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Xerx3s

BirdieSync deleted MSN messenger contacts

Post by Xerx3s »

Hi,

I have updated WM5 to WM6 today and afterwards I installed birdie sync again. No problems. However, the moment I synced the BS thunderbird cards, it completely erased my MSN Messenger contact list (everywhere).

How is this possible as it isn't related to my thunderbird contact list? How do I prevent it in the future?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

It's weird. I don't see a direct link between your messenger contacts and Thunderbird cards... Were you synchronizing with Outlook before installing the new version of BirdieSync ? Are your messenger contacts linked with Outlook in any way ?
Birdy

Xerx3s

Post by Xerx3s »

I have been trying to figure this one out and it basically comes down to this.

WM6.0 placed all my MSN contacts in the contacts list before I synced my TB contacts. When I synced, WM6.0 somehow cleared out the list first before filling it with the TB contacts.

Why it removed the MSN list is not clear to me as I didn't prompt an overwrite anywhere and the names are different.

I have now filled in some of the old MSN contacts and syncing now works without overwriting.

I suppose it should work properly if one synced the TB first and then activated your MSN account on the mobile.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

So when you talked about MSN Messenger contacts, did you mean the MSN Messenger contacts stored on the mobile ?
Do yo use XP or Vista ?
In the first case, did you choose the "Replace" or "Combine" option during the establishment of the first partnership ?
Thanks.
Birdy