gwes.exe crashed during installation of 1.6.3.1

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
kitm

gwes.exe crashed during installation of 1.6.3.1

Post by kitm »

Hello,

I needed to upgrade from BirdieSync 1.5.5.0 to 1.6.3.1 along with Lightning 0.5 to 0.7. So I uninstalled BirdieSync from my Motorola Q and from the laptop then upgraded to Lightning 0.7. Then I ran the BirdieSync installer and the Q keeps crashing on gwes.exe and so the installer won't finish.

It gets into the installation on the Q and then says We're Sorry... A problem has occurred with gwes.exe. Thus the installion of Callicia BirdieSync.CAB was unsuccessful.

Any ideas on what I should do to get the latest version running?

Thanks,

Kit

axel-klein

Post by axel-klein »

Hi Birdie,

at first thank you very much for your great sync-software. It's great and worked just fine! Until upgrading to Lightning 0.7. The same error occured with my HTC P3600 as kit wrote.

I hope there is a solution for this problem.

Thank you in advance,
Axel

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

Without connecting your mobile, could you see on your mobile if you have a file "Preferences.xml" located in \Program Files\BirdieSync ?
If the answer is yes, could you make a copy of it on the mobile (to have a file like "Copy of Preferences.xml") then connect your mobile and send this copy to support(at)birdiesync.com.
Thanks.
Birdy

kitm

Post by kitm »

Hello Birdy, thanks for the reply. I emailed my copy of Preferences.xml to support. I didn't mention before but my Q is running Windows Mobile 5.0.

Thanks for your help,

Kit

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

This problem could happen if you installed BirdieSync over a previous version. BirdieSync 1.6.3.2 was released and should correct this issue.
Birdy