Time Zone

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
wfrance3

Time Zone

Post by wfrance3 »

I'm having a little trouble with time zones. Birdie Sync is complaining that the phone and the desktop are not all on the same time zone. I live in Tulsa, OK and am therefore in Central. I'm using an (software) unlocked Samsung Blackjack phone and am working with a Windows XP Home laptop. All are on central. Closest city on the list in Sunbird is Chicago, so I used that. I'm alos using provider .3 if that has anything to do with it. Please help. I really like your product, but need to fix this time zone issue.

wfrance3

Resolved

Post by wfrance3 »

I think I may have fixed my own issue. I was re-reading some of the posts and discovered a DST (Daylight Savings Time) Patch for Windows Mobile 5.0. I decided to give this a shot and it cured my issue. If anyone else reads this and is having the same difficulty the Mocrosoft WM 50. DST patch is worth a try. There is a link to download it on this forum, jsut search for it read it and follow the instructions.

BullZi

Post by BullZi »

Well...the patch didn't help mine (hx2490b).

I did notice that my PC adjusts my PPC time (and my wife's hx2410) by an hour (earlier) when synced.

To avoid the obvious questions, I did install the cab directly, and my PC is up to date.

cjpopp

Post by cjpopp »

Same thing here. Installed update, and wham.....

And I did install latest version of BirdieSync today after installing update from MS for timezone...

KeitaroBr

Post by KeitaroBr »

I'm having the same issue with Brazilian Daylight Saving time (offset -0180 on the PC - correct - and offset 0120 on the Mobile - incorrect).

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

You should find some hints here.
Does it help ?
Birdy