cannot reinstall birdie sync

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
lUp

cannot reinstall birdie sync

Post by lUp »

Hi,

after receiving the update for lightning yesterday, i tried to sync with birdie sync. it told me, that i need to upgrade, as lightning is not supported in this version. so i downloaded the most recent version from birdiesync.com, uninstalled the old one, tried to reinstall the new one, but its not working out right.

The part where Windows installs the mobile part of Birdiesync onto the device, fails. The window appears, the bar for "Searching for installed applications on your device" appears for half a second and closes immediately, no error appears and the installation carries on. But afterwards theres no "Callica Birdiesync" on my WM2003se device and I'm not able to re enable the things I'd like to sync on my Vista x64 system. I can't check the checkboxes.

Something else I've noticed, is, that when in Windows Mobile Device Center clicking on "Programs and Services" then on "more" then on "software" (which should bring up the software tab with programs installed on my mobile device) opens up and closes immediately. The same as during installation of birdie sync.

And as no error messages appear, I'm quite on my own with a solution. :)

Mobile: XDA mini (HTC Magician) WM2003se
Birdiesync: most current version as of today

So, any help appreciated, I'm not that depending on the sync at the moment, but I can't stand things not working on my pc :)

greetz

lUp

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

BirdieSync 1.6.3.2 was released and correct an issue regarding installation on the mobile. But I don't know if it is the same problem you mentioned. Could you try to install this new version and tell me if things improved ?
Birdy