Upgrading Trouble

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
SamR80

Upgrading Trouble

Post by SamR80 »

Okay, so I upgraded Sunbird to 0.7, I also downloaded and installed the BirdieSynch v. 1.6.3.2. However when I upgraded to the new version of BirideSynch I was unable to remove the old add-ons in Thunderbird and Sunbird. They're still visible in the add-on list, however the remove button is not available.

Apparently the full 1.6 upgrade did not occur because the old additions are still attached to sunbird/thunderbird. What on earth do I do to fix this?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

You may read the paragrah "If 'BirdieSync options' is not displayed in Thunderbird or Sunbird Tools menu or if the version number of BirdieSync extension is incorrect after upgrading BirdieSync" in the sticky thread "Procedure to install, upgrade or uninstall BirdieSync"
It should solve your problem.
Birdy

SamR80

not quite it...

Post by SamR80 »

The only uninstaller for BirdieSynch that is available is for the 1.6.x.x. version. This does not remove the leftover 1.5.x.x. add-on components in Thunderbird & Sunbird. I can not uninstall these components from the list of add-ons because the 'remove' buttons are not available.

How do you remove these add-ons if the only uninstall software is for 1.6 and you have legacy 1.5 components that don't have a 'remove button in the Mozilla products?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

There is no "uninstall" button for the extension as for usual extensions. If you remove BirdieSync with BirdieSync uninstaller, the extension is automatically removed by the extension manager when you launch again Thunderbird or Sunbird.

In your case, it seems that the extension manager didn't properly manage the update, even if it should have detected that you upgraded the new extension. So it is necessary to clear the cache of the extension manager following the operations described in the other thread I mentioned. This usually fixes the problem.
Birdy