Where do I put in multiple catagories?

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
StraightShooter

Where do I put in multiple catagories?

Post by StraightShooter »

Hello,

I decided to try BirdieSync again, and I really like it. I had to go through some hurdles but I finally got it working. The only thing I need to ask is, where do I input catagories for contacts and in lightning? How do I do multiple catagories? I read I have to separate them by commas but where do I put them?

Thanks
Jim

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello StraightShooter,

I am happy that you give BirdieSync a new try. :)
You should install morefunctionsforaddressbook for instance. You will then be able to edit contact categories, as well as other hidden fields.

Regarding events, it is only possible to synchronize a single category since Lightning/Sunbird doesn't manage multiple categories.

Although best efforts were made to easy BirdieSync setup, if you had some difficulties with it, please feel free to mention them. That will help to improve BirdieSync.
Thanks.
Birdy

StraightShooter

Thank you very much..

Mr. Birdy,

You are a very polite gentleman and from what I have been reading in the other threads your service seems flawless!

I downloaded the extension you provided,

https://nic-nac-project.org/~kaosmos/morecols-en.html and I got it working great in terms of adding multiple catagories for contacts. I am going to buy Birdiesync in a couple of days. Microsoft doesn't give the good support you give! I just have one question; how can I add a catagory in the events from Lightning? Is that from the extension or is that from birdiesync? I think it's from that extension.

Thank you
Jim

Edit.. I think I already figured it out.. I am buying your program tomorrow or Monday.. Thank you again.

StraightShooter

Just became your newest customer!

Hello,

I just bought the license using Paypal. I received the Paypal confirmation email. I did not get the registration code yet.

Thanks
Jim

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Thanks for having registered ! You should have received your license now. Don't forget to check your junk folder.
Birdy

StraightShooter

All set, Thanks

I got the code 5 minutes after I asked you LOL.. All set!
Thanks
jim

oosteind150a

Re: Where do I put in multiple catagories?

Post by oosteind150a »

Hello, :D

I just bought the license using Paypal. I received the Paypal confirmation email. I did not get the registration code yet. :(
i have lookt in spam folder of mijn email programm and gmail but no code. ?? :(

I hope you could help me :D

Greets

( ps i have also maild to the support )

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Where do I put in multiple catagories?

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

Thank you for having registered ! You should have received your license now.

Note to other users. If you have problems receiving your license, please send a mail directly to support(at)birdiesync.com or a private message in the forum to Birdy.
Thanks.
Birdy