Activesync Hangs on Tasks

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
screechyd

Activesync Hangs on Tasks

Post by screechyd »

I am trying out Birdiesync with Thunderbird (with google calendar provider).

The first time I synced, it worked - everything synced: contacts, google calendars, but tasks said 8 unresolved... Clicking unresolved just synced again, not doing anything (i didn't need the tasks, so I just deleted them..., so this is not my problem...)

My problem lies in the subsequent times I've tried syncing. I connect my Verizon VX6700 smartphone with windows mobile 5.0 to the PC via USB, activesync starts on both, but doesn't do anything.

Sometimes PC-activesync will say "looking for changes" next to events and/or cards, but nothing past that... that green wheel keeps on spinning.

On the phone-activesync, it says what it is doing, and it says "tasks: launching thunderbird" - it is at this point that it stops doing anything each time. (it isn't locked nor 'not responding', it just isn't doing anything...)

I was thinking I would just disable the sync with "Tasks" since i Dont use tasks anyways, but in the phone-activesync options, the boxes for all the thunderbird things are grayed out, but checked - I can't UNcheck them... Is this because my phone is a "locked" unit? (and if so, which method from the sticky is best to 'unlock' this phone?

What is it about the tasks that causes this to stop at this point every time?

All help will be appreciated greatly!

Thanks
Adam Fritz
screechyd@aol.com

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

If you only synchronize with Google calendars, it's possible to get unresolved items because these calendars simply don't support tasks. So it's not possible to transfer them from the mobile device to the Google desktop calendar.

Regarding your second issue the following thread was updated to help you solve this problem.

If you still have problems, could you send me the logs as described in this thread ?
Thanks.
Birdy

Marthin

Re: Activesync Hangs on Tasks

Post by Marthin »

Hello,

I have similar problem, I have smartphone HP iPAQ 514 and I am using Thunderbird with Lightning (without Google synchronization).
When I want to synchronize with PC via USB, it ended up with the "looking for changes" at Cards (but the contacts are synchronized, so I think the problem might be somewhere else - emails and events are not synchronized).

I tried to follow the recommended thread, the synchronization via bluetooth was not succesful (PC didn't offer ActiveSync service).
I also tried to solve it through stopping the firewall, but didn't succeeded as well. I am using the avast! antivirus (default windows firewall is turned off).

Could you please advise me what is the easiest way to synchronise? Which particular steps in which order do I have to achieve?

Thank you very much

Your desprate :)

Marthin

Marthin

Post by Marthin »

Hi,

the synchronisation via usb works now, bad is, I didn't do anything differently, I just kept the mobile in usb and after a time whie it was stuck on "looking for changes", new synchronisation cycle started and worked ok.

M.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

If your USB connection is still set in RNDIS mode, it's possible to have problems sometimes connecting the mobile device to the desktop. It depends on your firewall.
Did you try to change the settings of your USB connection as recommended in this thread ?
Birdy