Outlook, Thunderbird and syncing both calendars

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
tldmat

Outlook, Thunderbird and syncing both calendars

Post by tldmat »

I just got a new phone and a new computer. With my old wm5 phone and my outlook when I activesync'd them I would update my calendar on my phone from the outlook and then Birdiesync would update my Thunderbird calendar and an email account from Thunderbird as well. Now all I get is conflicts. My new phone is WM6.

Does anyone know what I am doing differently or wrong... it was perfect before keeping 3 things in sync.

I appreciate the help.

tldmat

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Outlook, Thunderbird and syncing both calendars

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

When you got your new mobile device, did you install BirdieSync on this new device ? If you didn't could you try to reinstall BirdieSync (especially on your new mobile device) ?
If you have already done it, could you send all the logs to me as described in this thread ?
Thanks.
Birdy

tldmat

Post by tldmat »

First of all I really appreciate the extremely fast reply.

I went to the thread you indicated and while I am running XP and attached are the files you asked for. I zipped into a rar file.
Birdiesync logs.rar
I hope you can figure this out.

Thanks in advance.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I see two potential problems.

The first one is that Lightning event synchronization and Outlook appointment synchronization is simultaneously selected in ActiveSync options. That could to lead sometimes to unresolved items. So you can unselect Outlook appointment synchronization in ActiveSync option or uncheck "Check that a category of items is not simultaneously selected for synchronization with Outlook on the same machine." in BirdieSync options/Miscellaneous. In the first case, if you get a message from ActiveSync mentioning that it will delete all your appointments on the mobile, then it will be necessary to delete ActiveSync partnership to avoid selecting again Outlook appointment synchronization.

The second one is that there is a problem resolving the profile path on the USB key. Did you start Portable Thunderbird before copying ThunderbirdService.log ? Did you copy this log on the USB storage key ?
After you resolve the first problem with Outlook appointment synchronization, do you still get an "attention required" ?
Birdy