Attention Required with Sunbird/ActiveSync/Blackjack

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Appleby

Attention Required with Sunbird/ActiveSync/Blackjack

Post by Appleby »

Hi, this is a great little program....if I can get it to work! :D I have an XP machine running Sunbird 0.7 and a Samsung Blackjack cell phone with Windows Mobile 5.0 and an ARM processor. I've run the BirdieSync setup and it appears to be installed on my Blackjack and I see all the BirdieSync options within Sunbird. In ActiveSync I have gone to Tools > Options and Contact, Calendar, Email and Tasks are all grayed out, most likely because I do not have Outlook on my PC, however, I have checked the Events and Tasks boxes. When my Blackjack is connected to my PC ActiveSync attempts to sync, Sunbird is automatically opened and I get a pop up error message from my system tray saying "The calendar "U" selected for synchronization was not properly loaded." Then I get the "attention required" errors in ActiveSync. Nothing I have done will change this.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Attention Required with Sunbird/ActiveSync/Blackjack

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

I suppose that you have already "application unlocked" your Blackjack since you could select "events" and "tasks" in ActiveSync options.

Could you send to support(at)birdiesync.com the log SunbirdService.log located in:
XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<users name>\Application Data\BirdieSync\Log\
Vista: C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\BirdieSync\Log
(Application Data is a hidden folder: in explorer window, you must check the option "Show hidden files and folders")

And the file Preferences.xml located in the parent directory.

Thanks.
Birdy

Appleby

Post by Appleby »

Hi, I've resent the email with the proper log attached this time! :wink: I'll wait for your email reply. Thanks!

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

After analysis, it seems that one remote ICS calendar selected for synchronization had an incorrect URL, preventing it from being properly loaded. To solve the problem, it is necessary to unselect it in BirdieSync options and then to save again the preferences.
Birdy