"Mobile Connection failure. The connection with the mobile

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Leaskovski

"Mobile Connection failure. The connection with the mobile

Post by Leaskovski »

Hi all,

I have got some issues with Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 (Vista) and my HTC Wizard (Windows Mobile 5). The software has been working ok, but recently i installed a remote control application http://www.soti.net/default.asp?Cmd=Pro ... bCmd=PCPro. I think this might be the culprit however i am unable to find this out, maybe the support team can test on a clean install? I have uninstalled the app but i still get the following error upon connection my device...

"Mobile Connection failure. The connection with the mobile failed"

One interesting thing to take note is that if i go to "Mobile Device Settings" in WMDC, the "Change content sync settings" is greyed out. I have connected to the device ok though because i can browse files alright.

Have you got any ideas as to what i can do to solve it. I have tried reinstalling WMDC and uninstalling Birdiesync. I have even hard reset my device but this hasnt helped. I have also tried rolling back my Vista machine to before in installed the remote control app. This didnt work either.

Please help me use this brilliant peice of software again!?

Thanks

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: "Mobile Connection failure. The connection with the mobile

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

I will need some log files to investigate your problem.
After the synchronization error, could you send me all the logs as described in this thread ?
Thanks.
Birdy

Leaskovski

Post by Leaskovski »

Hi ya,

Thanks for your reply. I got it sorted in the end. Turns out it was just a simple issue with windows firewall. The installation of that program must have changed something as i turn the firewall off completely and then it managed to sync ok. I then added the wdmhost.exe to the unblocked programs list and it is still working which is great.

I think i will update to the latest version now as well whilst i am playing with it as i seem to get a few issues with duplicate calender entires (calender is using my gmail account).

Thanks for this sweet peice of software! Its so nice to not have to buy a licence for Outlook 2007 which costs a bomb!

:D

John Zhang

Post by John Zhang »

Hi, I just upgrade lightning to 0.9, therefore upgrade birdiesync to 1.7.0.2, but since then, I have mobile connection failure problem in the last a few days. the mail, card and events have not been sync since....have been read some of the discussion in the forum and help. can not solve the problem...

reinstall everything....checked the firewell setting.... connect & disconnect many times.....restart both PPC and laptop....I have been used birdie for nearly a year now. this is the first time that I have this problem.

I had the log file. how can I send it to you? thanks.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

Please, send the logs to support(at)birdiesync.com
Thanks.
Birdy

John Zhang

Post by John Zhang »

Hi Birdy. emailed to you. look forward to receiving your reply. thanks. John

mortal

Post by mortal »

Allowing the wdmhost.exe to pass the firewall did the trick for me, I suddenly had the same connection problems as stated in the posts above after half a year of seamless working with BS. Great program, by the way! Outlook sucks!