Can't find my address book

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Joska59

Can't find my address book

Post by Joska59 »

Hello
after installing BS, I find my mail-folders, but no address book, no calendar. (Using lightning) I think, selecting the right directory of TB and the correct path to the profile, but...
Has anyone an idea, how to solve this?

Dears, Joska

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Can't find my address book

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

After you opened BirdieSync options, could you send me the following files as described in this thread ?

ThunderbirdService.log
Preferences.xml

Could you also open your error console in Thunderbird, enlarge it at maximum, take a snapshot of it and send it to me. (Menu Tools/Error console, and "Alt-Print screen" to copy the window after having selected it. You must then paste it in your mail, or in a Word, Paint or GIMP document for instance).

Thanks.
Birdy

Joska59

Post by Joska59 »

Hello Birdie

thank you for answering. At weekend, I'll try to do, as you toldme.

CU, Joska

Joska59

Post by Joska59 »

Hello Birdie

"Success" ;-)

I've found a workaround in this forum. Search using the search-functions wasn't successful, but watching all posts in the problem-section leads to a solution; there is no native support of portable thunderbird, starting from the harddisk.

Will it be be solved in a further version?

Dears, Joska

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

The analysis of your logs led to the same conclusion that you mentioned. :wink: BirdieSync doesn't support portable Thunderbird on hard disk, even if there is a workaround mentioned in this thread.
I don't know when it will be supported but I think in a short future.
Birdy