can't sync email

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
denberg

can't sync email

Post by denberg »

when connecting using BirdieSync to my Pocket PC, I get the following error message:

The mail account ____________.com for synchornization could not be found. Create it on the mobile device before synchronizing again."

I did create it on the Pocket PC, and I selected the POP account (the other choice is ActiveSync) - neither option seems to work. It also hangs when updating the Pocket PC - sync never finishes....

Any ideas?

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: can't sync email

Post by Birdy »

You need to create a POP or IMAP account on the Pocket PC. But the name of the mail account must be exactly the same as in Thunderbird. The parameter to be filled on the Pocket PC in the creation wizard is called "Account display name". Note that after the creation of the mobile mail account, this name cannot be modified.
Birdy

denberg

Post by denberg »

I did create a POP email account with exactly the same name, and it still didn't work. Would it have anything to do with the fact that I am trying to transfer my work email which is on a server? I am not sure if the mail stays locally in Thunderbird or not. I am going to try syncing with my home pc later tonite.

You said in previous posts that it has to be the "local folder" - does it have to say "local folder" or just be the local folder on your system?

Thanks

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Could you send me the logs as described in this thread ?
Could you also tell me which exact name you used for your mail account (not in the forum but in the mail that you would send to me) ?

Folders located under "Local Folders" are synchronized in the "ActiveSync" or "E-mail Outlook" mobile mail account (which is already created by default). So you don't need to create a specific mail account for them on the mobile device.
Birdy

kunmingus

Post by kunmingus »

Me too same problem. Please advise

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello kunmingus,

Do you mean that you have an error message on the mobile device asking you to create a mail account on the mobile device ?
Could you send the logs to support(at)birdiesync.com with "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." ?
Thanks.
Birdy

tonypig

Post by tonypig »

Hi, I installed the latest version of Birdie Sync. I have Thunderbird running on a USB key and have my GoogleMail account within Thunderbird. I also use Lightning for the Calendar. I can successfully get the Calendar information synchronised via BirdieSync but not the email. When ActiveSync kicks off, I see it say x/44 emails are being processed. The emails are then deleted from my Thunderbird! I can go into the Trash and undelete them. If I then check on the device itself, I do not have any of the emails.
As a sanity check, I changed the name of the Google Mail profile to be "TGMail" and on the Mobile device (HP 514 with WM6) I created a new email account named "TGMail". I noticed that if I select "TGMail" and then "Folders", I see the "Inbox, Sent, etc.." and a new Folder called "T-Inbox", if I select this there are still no emails. From what I've read I would assume that would be where the emails should be.
Do you have any idea's why
1) The emails get deleted from Thunderbird (I don't want this behaviour)
2) Where the emails went to?
3) How I can fix this as I really do want to use this product

any assistance greatly appreciated.

tonypig

Post by tonypig »

wouldn't you believe it..... the tried and tested method of shutdown and restart both the laptop and mobile device.. and voila, BirdiSync now works fine!
The 44 emails got synchronised, I can see them on the device - everything working as it should. :D

Okay, now it's time to register and pay you some $$$$ for a great product!