sync hangs up and crashes

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
denberg

sync hangs up and crashes

Post by denberg »

I have already posted a problem with syncing my email, but I am also having a problem with the whole process of getting my information synced.

When I first set it up, i created a partnership (which it didn't ask me to name) the partnership name was "WM_myname", and it hung up (after i got the email error message). It hung up for awhile, then the option about replacing items or combining items came up, but it went off before i could check anything, and then the connection closed and it wouldn't synce until I disconnected and reconnected my device. Upon connecting the second time, it came up with a DIFFERENT partnership name - "Pocket_PC", and then went through the routine described above.......

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: sync hangs up and crashes

Post by Birdy »

It may be caused by the previous problem. We will see if you still have the problem after the mail account creation is solved.
When you say that it crashed, do you mean the ActiveSync program ? Do you have a crash error ?
Birdy

denberg

Post by denberg »

No it didn't crash, it got to the point where it displayed the options for combining or replacing items, and before I could check anything it disappeared, and then ActiveSync disconnected. It said it could not find the device.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

So I think it could be caused by the previous problem you mentioned.
Birdy