Missing appointments on the Windows Mobile

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
postbb

Missing appointments on the Windows Mobile

Post by postbb »

Hi,

I'm trying out your software, however I'm having a problem with missing appointments on my HTC Touch Dual. I have set up Thunderbird and Lightning, and sync them with my remote Google Calenders. In Thunderbird everything looks fine.

When I use your product to sync I do not get any error messages. However only some of the appointments are synced. Even in one calender some appointments get synced while others do not.

The ones that are not being synced are normal appointments. Nothing special that I can see.

Thanks for you help
BB

postbb

Re: Missing appointments on the Windows Mobile

Post by postbb »

I just noticed that if I open the appointment that are not being synced in Thunderbird, and change the title, then it will be synced to the windows mobile. However only the one I changed, there are still many others that are not synced.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

If you use the Google calendar provider, there are still some limitations. Some are listed in this thread.
Could you tell me if the missing appointments are recurring appointments ?
Could you give me an example of an appointment which is not synchronized ?
Birdy

postbb

Post by postbb »

Hi,

The appointments are not recurrent. Here are an example of such an appointment:

What: Latter
When: 19/1/2008 21:00 to 22:00 19/1/2008
Repeats: Does Not Repeat
Calendar: Name of cal

postbb

Post by postbb »

No help?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I don't succeed in reproducing this problem. For instance, if I create this event in the Google calendar (directly in Lightning or in the Google calendar) it is properly synchronized.
After you launch the synchronization, could you tell me if you see new errors logged by the Google calendar provider in Thunderbird error console (menu Tools/Error console) ?

Something that you could do to try to solve the problem is:
- Make a backup of your Google calendar
- Unselect the Google calendar in BirdieSync options
- Reconnect your mobile device and synchronize your calendars (that should delete all your Google appointments on the mobile device)
- Select again your Google calendar in BirdieSync options
- Reconnect your mobile device and synchronize your calendars (all your Google calendar appointments should be synchronized on the mobile device).

Are some items missing on the mobile device ?
Do you see some unresolved items ?
If yes, right after this synchronization could you send me all the logs as described in this thread ?
Could you also open your error console in Thunderbird, enlarge it at maximum, take a snapshot of it and send it to me. (Menu Tools/Error console, and "Alt-Print screen" to copy the window after having selected it. You must then paste it in your mail, or in a Word, Paint or GIMP document for instance).

Thanks.
Birdy