Birdiesync (?) deletes contactfields in TB with MDA Vario

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
toag

Birdiesync (?) deletes contactfields in TB with MDA Vario

Post by toag »

Hi,

first: thanx to the developers of BirdieSync that you developed BirdieSync at all ;-)

I administer a network where one user has ThunderBird on his Windows XP-box and uses BirdieSync to synchronize between TB and his MDA Vario with Windows Mobile 5.

There are two big problems:

- when importing from TB to Birdie, birthdays arent handled as regular scheduled. they remain singular items

- after using BirdieSync for a couple of weeks, there are more and more contacts that behave strange: sometimes the street is suddenly missing, maybe also all other items, but this happens irregular and not on all contacts.

we decided now to switch back to Outlook, but would like to use BirdieSync in the future.

both TB and BirdieSync are current versions, as is ActiveSync.

any suggests? maybe WM 5 is the problem ... ?!

greetings and thanx in advance

Tim Ole Alexander Golz

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Birdiesync (?) deletes contactfields in TB with MDA Vario

Post by Birdy »

Hello,
- when importing from TB to Birdie, birthdays arent handled as regular scheduled. they remain singular items
Could you tell me more about it ? There are two ways to manage birthdays: in contacts (with a Thunderbird add-on) or with appointments. If this is with appointments could you give me more information ? With which calendar do you synchronize ? Local, remote ?
- after using BirdieSync for a couple of weeks, there are more and more contacts that behave strange: sometimes the street is suddenly missing, maybe also all other items, but this happens irregular and not on all contacts.
BirdieSync only synchronizes the first line of the address field in Thunderbird. Could it be related to your problem ?
Do you have problems with other contact fields ?

Thanks.
Birdy

toag

Post by toag »

thanx, birdy, for your reply.
Birdy wrote:There are two ways to manage birthdays: in contacts (with a Thunderbird add-on) or with appointments. If this is with appointments could you give me more information ? With which calendar do you synchronize ? Local, remote ?
the user I installed BirdieSync for tried it in both wys: nether appointments nor contacts are synchronized correctly.
BirdieSync only synchronizes the first line of the address field in Thunderbird. Could it be related to your problem ?
ah, thanx, I didnt knew that ...
Do you have problems with other contact fields ?
yes, that is what makes me wonder: we imported the whole stuff sometimes in mid-december, the user worked with birdie, all seemed to work well, and one after one the contactfields disappeared.

we tried BirdieSync a year ago or so, and with the new thunderbird, lightning and new birdiesync it looks much better now than a couple of month ago. but there are some bugs leading to that the user switched back from TB / BirdieSync to pure Outlook/ActiveSync :-(

I will now give it a try with my own Vodafone VPA Compact and the already purchased birdiesync-licence, at least the VPA synchronizes very well with MissingSync on my Mac. The problems we experienced with the MDA could be related to WM5, who knows ...

greetings

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

the user I installed BirdieSync for tried it in both wys: nether appointments nor contacts are synchronized correctly.
It could be interesting to give me more information. If you have a precise example, I would be happy to help you and see if I can solve your problem.
Birdy

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Just for information, the second home and work street field is now synchronized in version 1.6.6.0.
Birdy