trouble syncing email

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
doug

trouble syncing email

Post by doug »

I can't seem to sync my Thunderbird email with my Axim X30.

I'm running Thunderbird and Lightning on Windows XP, and address book/cards, calendar/events, and tasks all seem to have synchronized.

With "Mails," ActiveSync recognizes that there are items that aren't synchronized, but then it seems to indefinitely try to synchronize and not get anywhere.

I've noticed that if I try to look at the settings for Cards, Events, Mails, or Tasks, there's a brief flash of a box that says "Opening Settings," but then I'm still at the "Sync Options" tab. Is this normal?

Sometimes after I've broken the connection after waiting for a long time for Mails to sync, I get the replace/combine dialog. I can't seem to bring that dialog box up any other way.

Thanks in advance for any pointers/advice.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: trouble syncing email

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

I will need some log files to investigate your problem.
Could you send me them as described in this thread ?
Thanks.

No option for BirdieSync can be set in ActiveSync options. So it is normal not being able to open a settings window. All the configuration of BirdieSync is in Thunderbird or Sunbird.
Birdy

dpevers

Re: trouble syncing email

Post by dpevers »

I am also having problems syncing E-mail.

My set up:
PC - Windows Vista Basic and Thunderbird 2.x (both current with patches)
Mobile - HTC Advantage x7501 with Windows Mobile 6 Professional

Calendar, Addresses, and Tasks all appear to sync, although all data appears in just one address book or calendar. I thought by my choice of options that Mobile categories would be synced to multiple address books or calendars, creating these if necessary.

I am trying to synchronize one mailbox between the PC and the mobile. This is not a Global Inbox, but just the Inbox and Sent Items from one E-mail provider. Thunderbird E-mail syncs from the PC to the Mobile, and ends up in a new Inbox on the mobile titled T-Inbox. Nothing from the Mobile ends up in Thunderbird. Additionally, sync appears to take tens of minutes, and does not appear to terminate or end with any expected message.