Emails show in Thunderbird but not on SmartPhone

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
robster

Emails show in Thunderbird but not on SmartPhone

Post by robster »

Hi all,

I have a Motorola Q9(h) (Windows Mobile 6) with Telstra (Next G) in Australia. Turns out I didn't need to application unlock it, just installed Birdie no worries and away.

Contacts, appointments and tasks synch perfectly (lightning) The problem I'm having though, is when synching, Activesynch shows all my 100 or so emails downloading / synching but they don't show up on the Q9.

To further compound the problem, if I do a send/recieve on the Q9 and get some messages on my inbox, they are erased when I synch and don't show up on the inbox in Thunderbird.

Can anyone provide some suggestions? It would really be appreciated.

Regards,

Rob
Windows XP Home
Motorola Q9(h)
Birdie
Thunderbird
Lightning

(and THANK YOU so much for this software! I can keep thunderbird when I get it working and am so excited not to have to use Outlook)

robster

Re: Emails show in Thunderbird but not on SmartPhone

Post by robster »

No Replies?

I'm just really scared to synch now as I don't want to lose the data on the phone. Any advice would be REALLY appreciated! :)

Rob

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello robster,

First of all, before doing any testing, backup your data on the mobile device with a tool like PPCPimBackup.

Could you tell me if you are trying to synchronize your mails under "Local Folders" in Thunderbird or in an independent mail account (with its own tree, Inbox, Sent, etc.) ?
Could you confirm that you chose "Mails" and not "E-mails" which is a Outlook category ?
Birdy

giangy

Post by giangy »

Hi all

I do have the same issue, and i coudn't solve it yet. I'm currently using an independent mail account (Gmail) and the local folder is unchecked in the setting. The emails are just in TB visible and only the welcome email is in my inbox.

May you help me?

Thanks

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello giangy,

After having closed Thunderbird/Sunbird, disconnected, reconnected your mobile device and waited for the end of the synchronization, could you send your logs with "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." to support(at)birdiesync.com ?
Thanks.
Birdy