calendar erased

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
moonfix

calendar erased

Post by moonfix »

I just tried the demo of this produce and was excited to see that it appeared to work. Went to bed and woke up to find all my appointments erased on my phone. (I am using a Verizon moto Q9M) When I synced it with my laptop it erased all my appointments on my laptop....much to my chagrin. :( Is there anything I can do to fix this problem. I am afraid to do another sync....... :!: :?:

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: calendar erased

Post by Birdy »

Hello moonfix,

I am sorry that you had this problem. I will need more information to try to understand what could have happened.
Could you tell me if you are on XP or Vista ?
Are you synchronizing with one or two computers ?
Are you synchronizing a local or remote calendar ?
Before the problem occurred, after the last synchronization, were all your appointments present on the mobile and the desktop ?
When you saw that your appointments were no longer present on the mobile, did you check that they were still present in your laptop calendar before synchronizing ?
Before doing this last synchronization, did you unselect Outlook calendar category in ActiveSync/WMDC options ?
Thanks.
Birdy

moonfix

Post by moonfix »

Could you tell me if you are on XP or Vista ? I am using Windows XP
Are you synchronizing with one or two computers ? I am synchronizing with one computer...my lap top
Are you synchronizing a local or remote calendar ? This is a local computer
Before the problem occurred, after the last synchronization, were all your appointments present on the mobile and the desktop ? Yes, they were on both.
When you saw that your appointments were no longer present on the mobile, did you check that they were still present in your laptop calendar before synchronizing ? They were still on my laptop
Before doing this last synchronization, did you unselect Outlook calendar category in ActiveSync/WMDC options ? I am not sure. I had a friend help me with the set up. Where would I find this?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Thank you for the information.
What I don't understand is how your appointments could have disappeared from the mobile device. From what you mention, it seems that your appointments were present on both the mobile device and the desktop after the last but one synchronization. Then in the morning you found out that your appointments were not present any longer. So when you synchronized again, these modifications were transfered to the laptop which emptied your calendar. So the question seems to be how your appointments could have disappeared from the mobile device after the last but one synchronization ?

Could you send to support(at)birdiesync.com the log file WCESMgr.log located in C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Temp\ ?

If you open ActiveSync Tools/Options, you can then select which category you want to synchronize (that's where you selected "events" to synchronize Lightning/Sunbird events). I wondered if you unselected Outlook calendar category before doing the last synchronization.
Birdy

moonfix

Post by moonfix »

The fact that it was erased on my mobile phone is curious. That is what I do not understand. The contacts for my email are still there.

The outlook calendar selection on my mobile device is not selected. (These appear under the heading Windows PC). The only ones that are checked are Cards, Events, Mails, Tasks. (The box next to Appontments is not checked. It is "grayed out" so that I can not change it, as are the other ones that are checked).

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Thank your for the log.
Actually, it only confirmed what we mentioned previously.
A first synchronization transfered your appointments from the desktop to the mobile device (with other items as well). Then the next synchronizations didn't seem to detect any deletion of the desktop that could been have transfered to the mobile device. So it doesn't seem that BirdieSync deleted anything on the mobile device.
The next morning, BirdieSync detected that your appointments on the mobile device were no longer present on the mobile device and so deleted them on the desktop (following the usual synchronization process).

So the question still remains. Why did your appointments disappear between these two synchronization ?
By now, I don't see how Birdiesync could have caused this problem.

Could you try to do an export of your appointments with the tool PPCPimBackup ?
Does it also detects no appointments on your mobile device ?
Did you try to soft reset (reboot) your mobile device ?
Would it be possible to send me the database "pim.vol" located at the root of your mobile device so I can check it ?
Thanks.
Birdy