Sync changes time

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
starrbri

Sync changes time

Post by starrbri »

Hello, I am new to both thunderbird so obviously birdiesync. I have everything setup and it is working well. One problem is when I sync it changes the time on my pda ahead one hour. The time zones are correct on both. I am using wm6 and lightning. Any ideas?

starrbri

Re: Sync changes time

Post by starrbri »

wow i can see this has a ton of support. I will be sure not to "sync" my 20 dollars into this

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,
wow i can see this has a ton of support
I am not sure to exactly understand what you mean.

Could you tell me which time zones you set up on your mobile device, Lightning and Windows ?
Does it change the time of your mobile device or the time of your appointments ?
Thanks.
Birdy

starrbri

Post by starrbri »

I have eastern time zone on my phone. And detroit selected on lightning and birdies sync. It chnges the time of my phone. For example before syncing it says 1030 after syncing my phone warped to 1130. Appointments are in the correct place. tasks appear to be right, but obviously around 1101 PM the next days task show up because my phone is an hour early.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

The hour is automatically adjusted by ActiveSync when you connect your mobile.
I tried to set GMT-5 Eastern time (USA/Canada) on both the mobile device and on Windows but the synchronization didn't change the hour.

Maybe there is a problem on the definition of the time zones on your mobile device or PC.
Could you look at this thread and check that you are up to date ?
Thanks.
Birdy

starrbri

Post by starrbri »

Thanks for the help I will look into that. Appologizes for the early comment. it was out of frustration