CRITICAL: BirdieSync freezes clock on Orange SPV M3100

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
ean25

CRITICAL: BirdieSync freezes clock on Orange SPV M3100

Post by ean25 »

Before BirdieSync installation:

Orange SPV M3100, two weeks old, latest ROM, default settings except is application unlocked using program from Orange
Windows XP SP2, fully patched
ActiveSync 4.5
Outlook 2003

Changes after BirdieSync installation:

BirdieSync installed
Thunderbird v.2 in use

Since installing BirdieSync on the phone, the phone's clock freezes. The time can be updated successfully by syncing (as before BirdieSync), but the clock does not move on - it is stuck at the synchronisation time. Upon re-syncing, the clock updates itself. However, the clock does not 'move on' - it sticks at the time when the phone was last synced.

This problem essentially renders all the phone's time-sensitive functions completely useless, since alarms and reminders no longer activate. Functions that depend on the clock, such as alarms, don't activate because the clock is always stuck at the time of the last synchronisation. It's not an ActiveSync problem, as I've been using ActiveSync with the phone to sync to Outlook before BirdieSync was installed without this problem. The problem only started when BirdieSync was installed. A soft reset does not solve this problem. I have not yet attempted a hard reset. I have contacted the Orange developers about this, and they say that they are unable to help with third-party applications. The other functions of BirdieSync appear to be working perfectly.

I would greatly appreciate your assistance in this matter,

Regards,

Edmund.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: CRITICAL: BirdieSync freezes clock on Orange SPV M3100

Post by Birdy »

Hello Edmund,

I am a little puzzled. I don't see the immediate link between BirdieSync and the clock.
After the synchronization, can you access the graphical interface of the mobile device without problem (not frozen because of a too high CPU usage) ?
I could see on the net other users that had a similar problem (clock frozen) but with no real satisfying solutions apart from the hard reset.
If you uninstall BirdieSync on the mobile, do you still have the problem ?
(don't forget to backup all your data if you uninstall and reinstall BirdieSync).
Thanks.
Birdy

ean25

Post by ean25 »

Thanks for the quick reply. The graphical interface of the phone, together with all the other functions, appears to work fine. I have yet to try uninstalling BirdieSync or a hard reset.

Could you point me to the web pages you mentioned, where others describe the clock problem?

Thanks,

Edmund.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I'm not sure it will be of any help. For instance:
http://www.ppcsg.com/index.php?showtopic=95753

You may use Google with: Pocket PC clock frozen
Birdy

ean25

Post by ean25 »

I uninstalled BirdieSync and all is now well. I've no idea why the clock might have been affected. I might try reloading BirdieSync again when I have time: I will let you know if I solve the problem.

Thanks for your help,

Edmund.