how to force one way sync TB -> PDA

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
fabio38

how to force one way sync TB -> PDA

Post by fabio38 »

Hi,

Due to my mistake of my PDA I lost all my datas on this PDA, but my thunderbird was up to date. My idea was to use the datas from TB as a backup but I was not sure how the next sync will be managed by Birdiesync since the PDA datas were deleted after the last sync. I looked through all birdiesync options but I did not find out how to force the next sync to oneway only TB -> PDA. Finally I decided to try the standard sync (after a backup of all my Thunderbird directory) and as I expected the sync has deleted all the TB datas!!! both are synced but empty!!! then I copied back my TB backup and sync again and all datas are back...
But it would be much easier and safe if we could choose which direction will be the next sync, do you have any solution?

thanks
Fabien

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: how to force one way sync TB -> PDA

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

In your case, the best thing to do would have been to delete ActiveSync/Windows Mobile Device Center partnership to cancel the link of the mobile device data with the desktop ones. Then you could have synchronized your data back to the mobile device. On XP, ActiveSync asks you if you want to replace all your mobile device items by the desktop ones. On Vista, there is only the "Combine" mode but it would have been OK for your case.

But regarding your request, it's presently under study. The problem is that ActiveSync/WMDC doesn't offer a one way sync but it may be possible to offer a workaround. So I hope that it will be provided in a next version.
Birdy

fabio38

Re: how to force one way sync TB -> PDA

Post by fabio38 »

You're right, I did not think about deleting the partnership...
thanks.