Just installed today and now my time is up?

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
ophbalance

Just installed today and now my time is up?

Post by ophbalance »

I've had Thunderbird installed on my system for about the last year, and upon finding birdie sync, decided to give it a whirl. I also grabbed lightning .8 RC1 to manage my calendar (since I'm trying to move completely away from Outlook). Turns out, birdie sync does not like that version. So, I tried uninstalling that and going with lightning .7. Well, thunderbird didn't like that and complained that my profile had calendar data from a newer version. After far too much time spent deleting files and restarting windows, I ended up creating a new profile and using MozBackup to restore all of my mail and settings. The offending lightning plugin problem went away and I was able to install version .7. Now, however, I cannot use birdie sync as it complains the the trial period is used up. Well, it's only been maybe 3 hours... I thought it was for 21 days? Heck, I've not even been able to sync to the PDA yet! Will an uninstall/reinstall of birdie sync resolve this?

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Just installed today and now my time is up?

Post by Birdy »

Hello ophbalance,

I send you a mail to deal with your problem.
Birdy

ophbalance

Re: Just installed today and now my time is up?

Post by ophbalance »

Well, it's now resolved. I ended up removing birdie sync via the uninstall instructions. It started working upon re-install. I'm good to go. Now, if the PDA would only sync over bluetooth...