Managing Unresolved Items

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
mtbchik

Managing Unresolved Items

Post by mtbchik »

First, I have to say, I am really happy with Birdie Sync for the most part. I'm using a remote Google Calendar for business and a local calendar for private items. I still get at least 8 unresolved errors every time I sync. Any idea how to manage/minimize this or to track which events are causing the error?

Thank you!

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Managing Unresolved Items

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

If you have unresolved items during the synchronization which cannot be resolved clicking on the "unresolved items" link in ActiveSync window, it generally means that these items have incompatibility between Thunderbird and Pocket Outlook. Generally Thunderbird is more permissive than Pocket Outlook regarding the definition of events: for instance it accepts deleted or modified occurences whose dates are posterior the date of the recurrence end. Pocket Outlook is more restrictive and doesn't accept them. Some of these case are described in BirdieSync help. But they are often very particular cases.

It could also come from restrictions with the Google calendar provider (if you use the version 0.3.1 for instance).

If you want to identify these unresolved items, you can have a look to the following logs:

Desktop:

DesktopProvider.log
ThunderbirdService.log
SunbirdService.log

Located in:

XP: In C:\Documents and Settings\<users name>\Application Data\BirdieSync\Log\
Vista: In C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\BirdieSync\Log

(Application Data is a hidden folder: in explorer window, you must check the option "Show hidden files and folders")

Device:

DeviceProvider.log

Located in \Program Files\BirdieSync

If you don't succeed in analyzing the logs, please send all the logs to me as described in this thread: http://birdiesync.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100
Thanks.
Birdy