sunbird initialization/path error

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Mom to Six Sweeties

sunbird initialization/path error

Post by Mom to Six Sweeties »

Hi. I'm a very basic user, not super computer friendly, but I usually figure things out. I've been playing around with installing/uninstalling for three days now. I've got a bunch of problems figured out, but this one has me stuck. (I don't know how many times I've uninstalled/reinstalled everything!)

I have a new htc touch if that makes a difference.

I've got mostly everything worked out, but when I try and install, I think the path I have specified for sunbird is incorrect. The option to check use current sunbird is not available, it is greyed out. It says "intialization failure of BirdieSync Sunbird extension - BirdieSync extension in Sunbird didn't initaialize properly" when I try and sync. I've played around with it, tried a few different things, not sure where to go from here. I mainly got the touch and sunbird in order to use the calendar/task/contact info from my computer. I ran into a whole pile of problems trying to sync my email, but that's not my focus. I just reset everything and chose to not sync mail. I am mainly using it to organize "home" stuff, I'm fine to keep my email on my laptop. Anyway, can you point me in the right direction? I really like the touch, but if I can't get this all set up soon, I"m going to have to get a palm treo and use it. My family is suffering, there is no food, no clean laundry :shock:

Thanks so much!

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: sunbird initialization/path error

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

After you open BirdieSync options in Sunbird, can you send to support(at)birdiesync.com the logs built with "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." ?

Could you also open your error console in Sunbird, enlarge it at maximum, take a snapshot of it and send it to me. (Menu Tools/Error console, and "Alt-Print screen" to copy the window after having selected it. You must then paste it in your mail, or in a Word, Paint or GIMP document for instance).
Thanks.
Birdy