Not really a problem, just some questions..

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
MAcsSNACs

Not really a problem, just some questions..

Post by MAcsSNACs »

Hi. I just downloaded BirdieSync, and so far it seems great, however there are a couple of questions that I can't find answers to in the FAQ or help...

If I understand correctly, ActiveSync is what sync's up Lightning, Outlook and my PDA (Dell Axim X50V w/ Windows Mobile 2003) all together? If I add a calendar entry in Lightning, should it not show up in Outlook and on my PDA? or do I have something wrong here... I was under the impression that I could use Lightning instead of Outlook Calendar, and sync it with my PDA... I've tried adding a new item to the calendar in Outlook and syncing, and also adding a new item to the calendar in Lightning and syncing... when I add the item in Outlook, it goes to the PDA but not Lightning, when I add it to Lightning, it goes nowhere, and I get a popup saying no categories have been selected. I have seledted Calendar, Contacts and Notes to be synched...

Help please.
Thanks!

MAcsSNACs

Re: Not really a problem, just some questions..

Post by MAcsSNACs »

OK. I think I got it sorted out. In Lightning... new items in the calendar are Events... so in ActiveSync, I needed to unselect Calendar, and select Events... but the events only go to my PDA, not to Outlook... is there a way to get both to happen?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

If you want to synchronize with Outlook, you must select "calendar" in ActiveSync options. If you want to synchronize with Lightning/Sunbird your must select "events". It should be possible to synchronize with both Outlook and Lightning on the same machine but it can lead to unresolved items because of the simultaneous synchronization. So by default, this option is not recommended. But some users prefer to do it though. You can uncheck the option "Check that a category of items is not simultaneously selected for synchronization with Outlook on the same machine" in BirdieSync options/Miscellaneous panel/Checkings and then select "calendar" and "events" in ActiveSync options.
Birdy

MAcsSNACs

Post by MAcsSNACs »

Thanks for that info! I think I have it working properly now.