Missing additional fields (eg Home 2 phone)

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
sunspots

Missing additional fields (eg Home 2 phone)

Post by sunspots »

Set up:
- Windows XP Prof
- Thunderbird v2.0.0.14
- Lightning v0.8
- BirdieSync v1.6.9.0
- Windows Mobile 6 Prof (CE OS 5.2.1622 (Build 18128.0.4.4)
- Pocket Informant v8.02 build 1164 (http://www.pocketinformant.com)

I think that about covers the set up of my PC & Mobile device.

I'm not sure if this is a problem, a new enhancement request or I have missed some set up requirements. I had a look around the site and can't find anything that looked relevant.

My issue is that in Pocket Informant I have added multiple home phone numbers on one of the contacts. That is, I have "Home Tel" and added a second home telephone number (Home2 tel - as it appears in Pocket Office). I entered the details in Pocket Informant and have checked in Pocket Office to establish that it is available in Pocket Office. When I sync the mobile device to my PC, I find that I am missing Home2 phone number.

I notice that Thunderbird's address does not contain a field for Home 2 (and other additional fields in the mobile device).

Have I missed some hidden switch? As I write this I don't think so and now thinking this is an enhancement request.

Any thoughts?
Thanks

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Missing additional fields (eg Home 2 phone)

Post by Birdy »

Hello sunspots,

The field "Home phone number 2" is not synchronized because there is no equivalent in Thunderbird address book. You will find all the list of the mapped and unmapped fields in BirdieSync help file.
Maybe in a next release it will be possible to map some chosen contact fields to Thunderbird "Custom" fields.
Birdy

sunspots

Post by sunspots »

Thanks Birdie.

I thought as much. Amazing the thought process becomes clearer as you write things down.

That would be great. Another possibility (especially for those already using all of there custom fields) is to set up a special tag that would put these fields into the notes area. Could have something like

----BirdieSync Mapped Fields----
----DO NOT ALTER------
#Home 2# 12345 6789 88

This would allow users to nominate the tag and BirdieSync surrounds it with # and the mapping is stored in BirdieSync. I know it is dangerous but if you are aware and careful then it is okay. I had ths appearing on my Palm IIIc device with an address book application and DateBK application.

I'll look forward to any future feature like this.

Thanks for the great application and great support, Birdie.

numo

Post by numo »

Any news/ETA on this? Thanks.