Mobile syncs with outlook not with mozilla

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
hofmannweb

Mobile syncs with outlook not with mozilla

Post by hofmannweb »

Hi, my mobile always syncs with outlook-data not with thunderbird or sunbird. During the installation i was asked to uncheck some relations to outlook, but i can´t find these options-menu in active sync. there are the checkboxes but theres no outlook mentioned

thanks

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

If you are on Windows Mobile 5.0, it is not very easy to distinguish between Outlook and BirdieSync (which is not the case with Windows Mobile 2003: the screens displayed to the user don´t mention Outlook or BirdieSync anylonger :( ). To access ActiveSync options, while your device is connected, double click on the ActiveSync icon to open ActivSync window, then access to the menu Tools/Options. You should then be able to unselect "Contacts", "Appointments" and "Tasks" (caution: the Outlook one, not the BirdieSync one: check the help file to see the different icons). Then select "cards", "events" and "tasks" (the BirdieSync one).
I hope it will help.
Birdy