Settings lost after upgrade

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
graewulf

Settings lost after upgrade

Post by graewulf »

I am running Thunderbird Portable 2.0.0.16 and just upgraded lightning to 0.9. Lightning upgraded fine. I upgraded birdiesync to 1.7.0.1 and all of my settings are gone. What is worse is I cannot set any of the settings. Many of the dialog boxes are really tiny and unreadable. Also, I cannot click "OK" to save any settings that I have set. Birdiesync worked yesterday when I synced my phone, but after the upgrade it is broken.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Settings lost after upgrade

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

As mentioned in the release description, settings are lost after upgrade and must be set again due to important changes in this version. But it seems that in your case there might be a problem with Thunderbird extension manager cache (this can happen if BirdieSync was not uninstalled before installing the new version). This can occur especially if you have a portable Thunderbird: in this case it is always necessary to uninstall BirdieSync before upgrading and launching Thunderbird to fully remove BirdieSync extension.

Before any operation, do backup your portable Thunderbird profile on your mobile:
\Program Files\ThunderbirdPortable\Data\profile

In the profile of portable Thunderbird:
\Program Files\ThunderbirdPortable\Data\profile

Close Thunderbird
After having backuped the following files, delete them:
- extensions.cache
- extensions.ini
- extensions.rdf
- compreg.dat
- xpti.dat

Relaunch Thunderbird

Check if you can now access to BirdieSync options.

If you still have a problem, could you send the logs again to support(at)birdiesync.com ?
Could you also open your error console in Thunderbird, enlarge it at maximum, take a snapshot of it and send it. (Menu Tools/Error console, and "Alt-Print screen" to copy the window after having selected it. You must then paste it in your mail, or in a Word, Paint or GIMP document for instance).

Thanks.
Birdy