Daylight Savings Problems on Pocket PC PDA

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
jrs

Daylight Savings Problems on Pocket PC PDA

Post by jrs »

Hi I'm having the same problem that a number of others seemed to be writing about a few months back. Daylight savings time started this weekend in New Zealand, now I'm back at work and I can't sync my PDA with Thunderbird/Lightning anymore. It tells me the time zone on my PDA and on BirdieSync is different.

Problem is, I have Windows Vista which is already up to date, but I am using an older PDA (HP iPAQ h1940) which is running Windows Pocket PC 2003 (Version 4.20.1081). It is not a phone, it is just a PDA. Everything worked fine until this weekend, and I specifically purchased BirdieSync so that I could use Thunderbird/Lightning with my existing PDA, so I'm a bit frustrated that I am currently not able to sync anything.

The patches that I have seen others referring to seem to be for newer mobile smartphones or PDAs running Windows Mobile etc not older ones like mine.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to fix this? I'd be very grateful.

Thanks,
Jenni

graef

Re: Daylight Savings Problems on Pocket PC PDA

Post by graef »

Hi

Check out this page:
http://blogs.msdn.com/nzdst/archive/200 ... vices.aspx

If this doesn't work then its either manual update of the registry (I don't have the details sorry) or wait until after the 1st Sunday in October (when daylight savings used to start).

Also, make sure you're running Lightning 0.8 or 0.9

Cheers.

jrs

Re: Daylight Savings Problems on Pocket PC PDA

Post by jrs »

Thank you so much!!!!! This worked even though I don't have a Dell. I really appreciate your help; I can't function in my life and work without my diary!!!! :D