Attention required

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
hofmannweb

Attention required

Post by hofmannweb »

Hi there, when i try to sync with birdie activesync tells me "attention required" nothing else. Whats wrong ?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

"Attention required" message can come from various reasons. Most common onces display an alert window to help you identify the cause of the problem. Some of these reasons are described in the FAQ of the help file.

To analyze your problem I will need some logs.

Right after the problem, without restarting any process (Thunderbird for instance) and without disconnecting your mobile to avoid the overwriting of the logs, please, could you send me the following logs to support@birdiesync.com :
On the desktop in C:\Program Files\BirdieSync\log: DesktopProvider.log, ThunderbirdService.log (if you use Thunderbird) and SunbirdService.log (if you use Sunbird)
On the device in \Program Files\BirdieSync: DeviceProvider.log and BirdieWatcher.log (if present)
In C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Temp\ : WCESMgr.log

Could you also send me your Preferences.xml file located in C:\Program Files\BirdieSync

If case you have problem in copying "DeviceProvider.log" on the device because of a sharing violation:
On your device. Launch the file explorer. Go to \Program Files\BirdieSync. Copy and paste DeviceProvider.log on the device(not on the desktop) in the same directory . That should duplicate the file DeviceProvider.log to another file named "Copy of DeviceProvidere.log". This copy will not be locked and you should be able to copy it to the desktop.

Thanks.
Birdy