Problem with TB after installation

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
cyberdude

Problem with TB after installation

Post by cyberdude »

Hi
I just came across BirdieSync and wanted to try it out. I installed BirdieSync but have run into a problem with TB. TB is not starting properly. It starts but I just get empty panes for where the mail and mail folders would normally be. I also get a big empty space at the bottom of TB. I'm guessing it's a theme or Add-on causing a incompatibility because when I start TB in safe mode it tarts fine.

running TB 2.0.0.17 on XPSP2

I'm using the Noia 2 eXtreme theme and have the following add-ons: (all add-ons are at their latest release)
Asertiva TB extension - for syncing TB with SugarCRM
British dictionary
German dictionary
Buttons
Duplicate contact manager
Lightning 0.9
Mail redirect
More functions for address book
Provider for Google calendar
Quote colours
Remove duplicate messages
Sync Kolab
Talkback

I would appreciate any ideas.
Last edited by cyberdude on Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdude

Re: Problem with TB after installation

Post by cyberdude »

I just want to add that while TB is in the state of just showing blank panes that there is not menu header along the top so there is no way I can disable the add-ons or themes. I had to uninstall Birdiesync and then restore the 5 files mentioned elsewhere in your FAQs.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

Presently, I am not aware of an incompatibility with one add-on. To check if this is the case, you could try to disable all your add-ons, install BirdieSync and then enable them again one by one to see if there is a problem with a particular one.
Birdy

cyberdude

Post by cyberdude »

OK, it seems that the Sync Kolab add-on was the culprit. I've disabled it for the time being so I can test Birdiesync to decide if it suits my requirements.