Birdiesync and the HTC Polaris Home peoples tab

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Nordlicht277

Birdiesync and the HTC Polaris Home peoples tab

Post by Nordlicht277 »

Hello ppls!
At first, i have to say 'I used the search and found nothing!' and I love birdiesync!

My problem: I use the favorite ppls tab in the htc home plugin on an HTC Polaris. But when i sync my device (syncing both ways) the ppls were gone. I think in case of overwriting the contacts on the device, but how can i fix it?

It would be nice if somebody can help my to solve my prob.

Thanks in advance

Frank

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Birdiesync and the HTC Polaris Home peoples tab

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

If your favorites contacts are deleted and replaced by other ones during the synchronization, that could explain why they disappear from your favorites plugin. So that could happen if there is a full resynchronization of your contacts. For instance if you establish a new partnership with your mobile device. In that case, duplicates are created on both sides and then eliminated. Generally the priority is given to desktop ones. So the newly created contacts synchronized from the desktop are kept while the original contacts on the mobile device are deleted (and so replaced by the desktop ones).
But after this first resynchronization, your favorite contacts should not be deleted. The process described above is only for the first synchronization.
Birdy

Nordlicht277

Post by Nordlicht277 »

Ok,
thats works fine, but when i sync my mobile device with two PCs all my contacs where removed from the phone.
Any to change this?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

> all my contacs where removed from the phone
Were they replaced by the 2nd computers contacts ?
Do you synchronize with ActiveSync or the Windows Mobile Device Center ?
If it is with ActiveSync, which option did you select when establishing the partnership ? (Replace or Combine)
As previously, your favorite contacts should be deleted and replaced the very first time you synchronize with your 2nd computer. But at next synchronization, the favorite contacts should be kept unmodified. Isn't it the case ?
Birdy